Email has become the communication medium of choice for many of today’s organizations. Gone are the days of the fax machine and snail mail. Those methods of communication were limited in tracking and often hard to manage. They couldn’t compete with email because it instantly provided documentation that recorded the who, what, when, where and why.
One of the challenges that Email presents is the large volume we send and receive each day. Have you ever felt like you were drowning and struggling to keep up? Have you missed out on key negotiations of contracts, pricing, and events that were never entered into action?
Imagine taking an item number or UPC and searching all email looking for instances of that item. Now picture the same search but running across all of your organizations emails not just your own.
Here are a few things you should look for in a tool you could use to help resolve these issues:
- Ability to search across multiple email boxes at once.
- Searches that includes archived email.
- The application should allow for searching of keywords within the subject, body, and attachments.
- Look for a solution that uses targeted ingestion. Your organization typically would want to include certain users and departments and not others.
HOW ARE THE EMAILS COLLECTED?
Collection of emails is straight forward and can be done in a variety of ways. Here are a few methods to consider:
- A blind carbon copy of every email into and out of a specific email address.
- Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly dumps of PST’s or MSG’s.
- Emails only containing certain key words.
- Emails only for certain departments or individuals.
- Generic/Group email boxes.
Email review typically only focuses only on emails with key business negotiations. Not personal private matters. Key words can play a big factor in keeping privacy first. Look for a solution that ingests only emails with certain keywords and or phrases. This limits the universe of searchable email.
Let it be your backup for the future. Personnel often change within organizations. A tool that merges email into one box that is searchable by anyone within your organization provides continuity to ensure nothing is lost during times of change.
Contact us today to learn more. Strategic Audit Solutions, Inc. has the right scripts, tools, and team in place to identify those missed negotiations and to recover your lost profits.