Duplicate Payment Audits
We recover errors in every ERP system.
SAS’ sophisticated cutting edge technology identifies all potential duplicate/wrong payments. Our analysis goes deeper than most companies can do on their own. Our extensive experience in Accounts Payable duplicate payment recovery allows us to cut through the vast pool of potential hits, and identify only those items with the greatest likelihood of profit recovery.
- Data output is designed to be very broad in order to encompass all potential duplicate payments
- All available fields are utilized as criteria to identify duplicates
- Match criteria includes multiple field matches and single field matches
- Some of the unique conditions included in our analysis
- Special characters in invoice number
- Transposition errors
- Fat finger errors (insertion or elimination of characters)
- Small differences in amount
- Leading or trailing zeros in invoice number
- Differences in transaction dates
- Potential duplicates are eliminated due to:
- Trends identified within specific suppliers
- Account number used as invoice number, split payments, etc.
- Offsetting transactions
- Linking to cash receipts data
- Our experienced Accounts Payable auditors are efficient in identifying valid duplicates.
- Duplicate payments are packaged into claims based on client specifications including copies of overpaid invoices, screen prints, or other client internal documents.
Duplicate Payment Recovery Examples
The below examples are unique duplicate payments we have identified during a duplicate payments accounts payable audit through our sophisticated process.
We also provide transaction assurance through real time duplicate payment solutions to identify erroneous payments prior to the check being cut.