There are a growing number of companies that are adopting the use of Purchase Cards (P-Cards) as an option to pay their supply chain vendors for smaller dollar transactions. This method of payment can provide efficiency savings exceeding 50% from the traditional Accounts Payable process.
REAP THE BENEFITS OF P-CARD USAGE, BUT MITIGATE THE RISKS.
Some tangible and intangible benefits which accompany a P-Card payment process for the end-user include:
- Simplified payment process
- Electronic payments
- Faster payment delivery
- Mailing and payment handling cost reductions
- Strengthening supplier relationships due to timely payments
- One monthly payment to the card issuer instead of numerous payments to many different suppliers
- P-Card monetary rewards in the form of rebates which can turn a company’s Accounts Payable cost center into a revenue generator
ASSOCIATED P-CARD TRANSACTION DUPLICATE PAYMENT RISKS
While P-Card payments do have many benefits, this form of payment processing certainly does not eliminate the need and use for traditional Accounts Payable payment practices. In fact, the implementation of a P-Card payments to the payables process can introduce the additional risk of duplicating a payment to a supplier.
If a company pays for a product or service by both P-Card and the traditional Accounts Payable process, the duplicate payment can be missed for various reasons:
- Payments may have different vendor names
- Vendor numbers will not match
- Transaction dates may be different
- Transaction amounts can be different (i.e.: the P-Card payment could cover multiple invoices)
Even the strongest internal control procedures will not totally eliminate the potential for double paying a supplier.
HOW DOES YOUR COMPANY RECAPTURE THESE DUPLICATE PAYMENTS?
If your company benefits from the utilization of P-Card supplier payments, it is important that you review for duplicate payments. When choosing a recovery audit firm, you should ensure that the firm has the following skills:
- Ability to acquire the proper and full set of data from your company’s P-Card transaction institution
- Ability to process, mine, and validate the P-Card data with your traditional payables data
- Ability to merge the AP data and P-Card transaction data sets, eliminate the noise, and identify true duplicate payments between AP and P-Card
- Provide recommendations to eliminate future profit leakage
LET SAS HELP YOU RECAPTURE P-CARD DUPLICATE PAYMENTS.
Maximizing Financial Health: The Crucial Role of AP Recovery Audits for Healthcare Supply Chain Leaders
In the intricate world of healthcare supply chains, where precision and reliability are paramount, the Accounts Payable (AP) process plays a critical role. One often underestimated strategy for enhancing supplier […]Continue Reading
Unveiling Efficiency: Exploring AP Audit Objectives for Financial Excellence
Over the last three decades, Accounts Payable (AP) Recovery Audits have been a widely known best practice for medium to large size organizations. Depending on the environment, organization and unique […]Continue Reading
Strategic Audit Solutions, Inc. Proudly Announces Employee of the Year 2023 – Larry Crawley
Larry Crawley, who recently assumed the role of Chief Technology Officer, has been an invaluable asset to SAS throughout his remarkable 10-year career with the company. His dedication and outstanding […]Continue Reading
Strategic Audit Solutions, Inc. Recognized as Best & Brightest Companies To Work For in the Nation
Strategic Audit Solutions (SAS), a leading multi-vertical recovery audit firm, is thrilled to announce its recognition as one of the Best & Brightest Companies To Work For in the Nation. […]Continue Reading
WANT FURTHER INFORMATION?
We will answer all your questions.